Saturday, March 15, 2008

I am Here at Spannocchia

I arrived at 2:30 pm today after close to no sleep. I stopped at a grocery store on the way to get food for the weekend and that was like being in the dark due to my limited Italian. I do not even know if what I bought was milk.


I will try to get set up to put up photos but it won't be until monday. I did paint this afternoon. I could barely focus because there is so much to paint. The weather could get cloudy but the inside of this place has all these lovely little rooms that are like secrets that you discover.I will probably do some watercolors of them.


I will dedicate an entire post to traveling with paints but suffice it to say everything arrived including my umbrellas which was checked as luggage. I was sure it was going to be mangled but it came out fine.


I did a little painting this afternoon using the Vasari oils recommended by Scott Christensen. I used only cad red, cad lemon yellow, ultramarine blue and titanium white.I was totally exhausted but so excited to be here that I had to paint. I fixed myself a nice little dinner with gnocchi, broccoli, red pepper, shallots and some pesto with parmesan reggiano. People kept coming through the kitchen saying it smelled good.How can you go wrong with those ingredieants!

3 comments:

Don Rogers said...

ok Linda I am anxious to see some paintings and photos!
Don

donabotanica said...

Hello Linda. I joined the gmail google group and look forward to seeing your paintings. Glad that your dream is unfolding. I hope the idea catches on!
Dona

donabotanica said...

Linda, the paintings capture the rich landscape and history of Italy. I love the story of the pigs! This seems like a fascinating enterprise. It reminds me a lot of the Ballymalloe House that I visited in southern Ireland, where they grew and raised everything that they served in the kitchen. Truly the pigs will end up as salami or proscuitto!

Keep sharing the paintings!
Dona