Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Spannocchia - Day 3


I woke up and headed up the hill behind Spannocchia to a large open field. It was breezy and cold and I perservered with the weather as long as I could. The clouds were changing constant causing the sun to play an ongoing game of “hide and seek.”It was a painting with fingerless gloves day


Later in the day I ventured down the hill to a vineyard area surrounding a small complex of Tuscan farmhouses. I had my watercolors and painted this small landscape and took lots of pictures. I will be doing more watercolors as the week goes on.




4 comments:

Don Rogers said...

Linda,
I am having trouble posting but I am very excited at this trip and the work you are doing - I downloaded the one photo of the Italian cypreses and will make that a painting of that!!
Don

Don Rogers said...

Linda,
I see in this photo that same color, a raw under plus white, maybe a tad warmed up with yellow ochre in the vines, so I guess I don't realize the actual season there - is it winter?
Don

Laurie Constantino said...

Hey Linda! It sounds as if you are having a productive trip. I'm so happy you have this opportunity. I did sign up for your google group, but haven't received any messages - don't know why but thought you should know. The 1/27 painting looks like where we all stayed in Montereggioni and brought back some lovely memories. Can't wait to talk to you at Easter! Laurie

Tracy said...

Painting in plein aire, cooking, walking, drinking vino... sounds delicious!

I've checked out the tuscany villas and can't wait to get over there soon.